Sin

Sin seperates us from God. With this unconfessed sin, it is impossible for us to enter into the kingdom of heaven. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3.23 (NKJV).
"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8 (NKJV).

God's Gift

We must realize that the gift of eternal life is a special gift offerred to each person. In order to receive this gift, we must ask God for this gift. "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift og God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8 (NKJV).
"Nor is it salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (NKJV).

Obey the Word of God

When we ask God to forgive our sins, we must be sincere and turn away from our sinful ways. "And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him." Hebrews 5:9 (NKJV).

"Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord" shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in your name?" and then I will declare to them, "I never know you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV).

A B C's of Becoming A Christian

A. Admit you are a sinner.
B. Believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins.
C. Confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is your personal Lord and Savior.


Prayer of Salvation

Most individuals do not know how to talk to God. In order to build a relationship with Jesus, it is important to realize that you talk to Him like you would talkto your best friend. Be yourself, God knows what's in your heart.

A prayer of salvation could be similar to this:

Dear Lord, I realize that I am a sinner. I know that their is nothing that I can do to earn my way into heaven. I know that you sent your Son, Jesus, to earth to die for the sins of the world. It was my sins that put Jesus on the cross. I ask that you dear Lord will wash away my sins and save my soul from eternal death. I want to learn to have a relationship with you Lord, and live eternally in heaven. I pray that you Lord give me strength to overcome the sins of the world and keep me always looking to your Son, Jesus, for the answers. It's in Jesus' name we pray! Amen!

Monday, August 29, 2011

What does it mean "Who I am in Christ?"

What are some names that Jesus calls you by? How comforting are these names to you? Here are a few of the names that we can take comfort in knowing that this is how Jesus refers to us in the New Testament: God's child, friend, and united with the Lord. Read each of the following verses and let me know if you find comfort in the names.

John 1:12
John 15:15
Romans 5:1
1 Corinthians 6:17
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Corinthians 12:27
Ephesians 1:1
Ephesians 1:5
Ephesians 2:18
Colossians 1:14
Colossians 2:10

In my Blog "When All Hope is Lost!", I will take several verses and break down the meaning. You can find a link to this other Blog on this page.

www.rockyhymel.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment